Concrete Vs. Asphalt: Which Is the Best for Your Driveways?
Whether you are thinking of installing a new driveway or resurfacing, you’re probably debating between the two most common solid materials: concrete and asphalt. These are the most common driveways people prefer to install due to their durability and the flawless finish they offer. All over Australia, including the Central Coast, Maitland, Newcastle, andHunter region, concrete driveways and asphalt are used extensively on roads, parking, runways, and homes. Both of these are made with a mixture of sand and stone. However, different adhesives are used to hold those components together. Both options contain advantages and disadvantages, and understanding these can help you choose the right one.
So, let us help you with that. We have gathered all the essential information and major differences between both of these options in order to help you make a wise decision. Read on!
- It is made of cement, sand, water, and aggregates.
- These are highly durable and last for years (40+).
- They hardly require any maintenance. In fact, they are known actually to get harder with age.
- These are quite expensive than asphalt driveways; however, it is cheaper than asphalt in the long run. Thanks to its low maintenance features and high durability.
- These are environmentally friendly options.
- These are less flexible when compared to asphalt driveways.
- There are various options available for concrete driveways in Hunter region and its surrounding in terms of creative appearance. For example, these can be stamped with patterns, given different finishes, tinted to different colours, or engraved with designs.
- Using a binder like bitumen, these are created from sand, crushed rocks, and gravel.
- These are less durable than concrete driveways.
- These are high maintenance driveways. You need to reseal them roughly after every 2-3 years to keep them performing at their best.
- These are very low cost; however, you need to pay for their maintenance.
- A harsh environment and chemicals can harm these.
- These are very flexible and soft, leading them to deteriorate faster and easier than concrete repairs.
- There are only a few options available to get the creative appeal.
Considerations while choosing a concrete driveway vs. asphalt driveways
- Are you planning to install a small driveway or a large car park? – The size of the driveway or area you are resurfacing can help you understand what material is good to use.
- Do you prefer lighter or darker surface colour? – To understand the visual aesthetic of the driveway.
- Are you ready for regular maintenance or want something with low -maintenance? – The cost you need to spend after the installation.
- Is the surface exposed to normal temperature or extreme? The environment and whether you are living in it.
- Do you want a driveway to walk in or park your car or commercial vehicles? – The purpose of installing the driveway.
- Are there potential risks of oil or chemical spills? – Risk of chemicals damaging the surface.
Make a list of all these essential questions, and then ask your concrete contractor to understand what criteria meet your requirements. These questions are enough to understand what will result best for you.
Despite their difference, concrete and asphalt both make excellent driveways. If you are specific about the durability and flawless finish, then you must go with a concrete one. However, the foundation of concrete driveways will ensure its longevity. For that, you need to hire experienced concrete contractors to make its foundation solid and proper installation with the right quality of the material. Let us make this easy for you! Our team of highly experienced concreters can provide the best concrete driveways in the Hunter region and its surrounding. You don’t need to waste your money and time on finding what is best for you. We will first listen to your requirements and make a plan according to them. Rest the job will be ours! See, this is that simple!
Disclaimer: This is a generic Information & post; content about the services can be changed from time to time as per your requirements and contract. To get the latest and updated information, contact us today or visit our website.